Fictional Cedar County Montana
Jurisdiction of Sheriff Jim Buchanan
From the Canadian border in the north to Sanders County in the south, to the Idaho border on the west to Lincoln, Flathead, and Lake Counties in the east. The county seat of Cedar County is the city of Taylor situated on the Clark Fork River. U.S. Route 228 is the main highway through Cedar County and runs from Taylor in the west and past the village of Horace in the east.
Towns & populations:
Taylor 13,167 – county seat, Cedar County Sheriff’s Dept., Taylor Police Dept.
Mallory 4,256 – Mallory Police Dept.
Spaulding 2,852 – Spaulding Police Dept.
Ledge Flats 234
Trout Hollow 1,289 – Trout Hollow Police Dept.
Big Stump 853 – situated on the Flathead Reservation
Horace 44 – situated on the Flathead Reservation
Other towns 1,000
Total county population – 24,058
Author’s note: In addition to Cedar County being a fictional county (it was constructed from parts of the actual Lincoln, Sanders, Lake, and Flathead counties), all towns depicted on this map are also fictional as well as U.S. Route 228 which does not exist anywhere in the United States. Everything else on this map is factual and true to scale.
• Taylor University, Taylor, Montana
• Taylor High School, Taylor, Montana
• Saint William Christian School, Taylor, Montana
• John Taylor Academy, Taylor, Montana
• Cedar County Hospital, Taylor, Montana
• Taylor University Medical Center, Taylor, Montana
• Saint Mary’s Hospital, Taylor, Montana
• Mallory Community Hospital, Mallory, Montana
Places of Worship –
• Taylor United Methodist Church
• Taylor Seventh Day Adventist Church
• Taylor Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
• Taylor Community Bible Church
• Faith Baptist Church
• First Presbyterian Church of Taylor
• Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic Church
• Temple Beth Solomon
• Mount Olive Lutheran Church
• Mackenzie Municipal Airport, Taylor, Montana
• Taylor International Airport, Taylor, Montana
• Cedar County Ledger – weekly county newspaper
• Taylor Bulletin – daily town newspaper
• Jubilee Theater
• Taylor Ten Pin Bowling
• Stocky’s Billiards
• Lucy’s Lunchenotte
• US Hwy 228
• Route 93
• Route 28